Tuesday, February 26, 2019

LTA KPOP 2 EP 1: Top 10 Rookies of 2018

Welcome to the very first episode of the second season of Let's Talk About KPOP. I decided to continue or start this series again. It's been over two years since the last episode therefore I wanted to new fresh start so I decided to start this year as the second season. Please continue to support me and let me know what you like to see. 

As the title stated, I will be picking my top ten rookies KPOP group of 2018. There was a good amount of rookie groups debuting in 2018 so some choices was easier than others. Overall, it was a very hard year to pick the top five groups that I enjoy listening to. 

Lets get started. At number 10, I have the GWSN. 

(Picture: Provided by kprofiles.com; Video: youtube.com)

GWSN (Gongwon Sonyeo) is a 7-member girl group under Kiwi Pop, that debuted on September 5, 2018 with the song 'Puzzle Moon.' The seven members are Miya, Seokyoung, Seoryoung, Anne, Minju, Soso, and Lena.

The reason why GWSN is on this list, for me, is that Seokyoung finally debut. Seokyoung participated in Produce 101 and I love her. So I'm really glad and happy that she finally debuted and I can't wait to see what she can do.

At number 9, I have Kim Dong Han.

(Picture: Provided by kprofiles.com; Video: youtube.com)

Kim Dong Han is a solo artist under OUI Entertainment. He debuted on June 19, 2018 with the song 'Sunset.' He joined Produce 101 Season 2 then debuted with the project group JBJ. 

He is an amazing dancer and someone to keep an eye on. I'm excited to see and hear his new songs. This is one of the reason why I put him on this list. 

At number 8, I put someone related to JBJ and Kim Dong Han; they are JBJ 95. 

(Picture: Provided by kpopmap.com; Video: youtube.com)

JBJ95 debuted on October 30, 2018 as a duo under Star Road Entertainment with the song 'Home'. The name came from their roots and being born in the year of 95. The duo consisted of Sanggyun and Kenta. 

Both of the members were from the Produce 101 Season 2 show then debuted in the project group JBJ. This duo came by surprise but was not disappointing at all. Sanggyun was a member of Topp Dogg now Xeno-T before joining the show. I'm excited to see what this duo is going to do because they were both a favorite trainee of mine on the show. 

At number 7, I have LOONA. 

(Picture: Provided by kpopping.com; Video: youtube.com)

LOONA is a 12-member girl group under Blockberry Creative. They debuted on August 20, 2018 with the song 'Hi High.' The members consisted of Ha Seul, Vivi, Yves, Jin Soul, Kim Lip, Chuu, Hee Jin, Hyun Jin, Go Won, Choerry, Olivia Hye, and Yeo Jin. 

I heard of this group before they debuted and I like the idea of introducing each member once a month but it got so long and at one point I lost interest. I do know that Hee Jin and Hyun Jin participated in Mix Nine and that did catch my attention, but I was disappointed from their debut song. I feel that they should of went with a riskier song instead of a safe and cute song. But I am excited to see what this group can do since they are a larger group. 

At number 6, I have UNB. 

(Picture: Provided by kpopmap.com; Video: youtube.com)

UNB is a 9-member group created through the survival program show The Unit. They are under The Unit Culture Industry Company. The members consisted of Feeldog, Euijin, Daewon, Marco, Hojung, Hansol, Jun, Chan and Kijoong. They debuted on April 7, 2018 with the songs 'Feeling' and 'Only You'. 

I was super excited for this group to debut because I was watching them through the survival show and I already knew some of the members from their original groups. This is a group that I am going to be disappointed when they disband and I really wish they would continue on as a project group and work together in the future.

At number 5, since I stated UNB already, I might as well state UNI.T.

(Picture: Provided by kprofiles.com; Video: youtube.com)

UNI.T is a 9-member group created through the survival program show The Unit. They are under The Unit Culture Industry Company. The members consisted of Woohee, Jiwon, Yoonjo, ZN, NC.A, Euijin, Yebin, Hyunjoo, and Suji. They debuted on May 18. 2018 with the song 'No More' and disbanded on October 12, 2018 with the song 'I Mean.'

Again, I was super excited for their debut because of the show and because I knew all of them prior to the show. Together they made an excellent group. I am disappointed that they disband already. I really wish they would of continue on as a project group and still work in their original groups or as a soloist. But I can't wait to see what they would do in their own groups or as a solo artist.

At number 4, I have (G)I-DLE.

(Picture: Provided by kpopmap.com; Video: youtube.com)

 (G)I-DLE is a 6-member group under CUBE Entertainment. They debuted on May 2, 2018 with 'Latata.' The members consisted of Miyeon, Minnie, Soojin, Soyeon, Yuqi and Shuhua.

I personally think that (G)I-DLE should of win Rookie of the Year at MAMA. Overall, they had a very successful debut with a great song. I can't wait to see that is coming up for them. They are a group to keep your eyes on.

At number 3, I have IZ*ONE.

(Picture: Provided by blog.kpopviral.com; Video: youtube.com)

IZ*ONE is a 12-member Korean-Japanese girl group from Produce 48. They are currently managed under Off The Record Entertainment and AKS in Japan. They debuted on October 19, 2018 with 'La Vie en Rose.' The members consisted of: Kwon Eun Bi, Miyawaki Sakura, Kang Hye Won, Choi Ye Na, Lee Chae Yeon, Kim Chae Won, Kim Min Joo, Yabuki Nako, Honda Hitomi, Jo Yu Ri, Ahn Yu Jin and Jang Won Young.

Knowing that they are from the Produce series, I already knew that they were going to be the biggest rookies of the year. Through the Produce series, I was disappoint because there was so many other great trainees that didn't make it to the final group but I was still glad that the debut of IZ*ONE was really great. I love the song and can't wait to hear the next release. There isn't much to say about this group.

At number 2, I have fromis_9.

(Picture: Provided by thebiaslist.com; Video: youtube.com)

Fromis_9 is a 9-member group form from the survival program Idol School. They debuted on January 24, 2018 with 'To Heart' under Stone Music Entertainment; later announce to be manage from Off The Record. The members consist of Sae Rom, Ha Young, Gyu Ri, Ji Won, Ji Sun, Seo Yeon, Chae Young, Na Gyung and Ji Heon. Unlike, I.O.I, Wanna One or IZ*ONE, Fromis_9 would debut as a permanent group not a project or temporary group.

Honestly, from watch Idol School, I was disappointed because my favorite trainee didn't make the final group but I am not disappointed that this group is doing to well. I think they are consider a underrated group. The songs they release in 2018 were good, although I think only a certain amount of fans or people enjoy listening to them. They are a group to watch for.

Lastly but not least, the number 1 group of the year is Stray Kids.

(Picture: Provided by kpopping.com; Video: youtube.com)

Stray Kids is a 9-member group debuted under JYP Entertainment on March 25, 2018 with the song 'District 9.' The members consist of Bang Chan, Woo Jin, Lee Know, Chang Bin, Hyun Jin, Han, Felix, Seung Min, and I.N.

The most successful rookie group of the year is Stray Kids. The amount of songs release in 2018 and along with the amount of success and popularity they have is insane. They are the next generation of KPOP and JYP. I can't wait to see what they are going to do next because I have been very impress since their debut, actually before they debut.

That the end of today episode. Honestly there are so many groups that debut and I couldn't get to them at all. If there again group that I should check out and listen to, please let me know. Over the last two years there has been so many new groups debuting left and right that I don't know everyone. Thanks for coming by, I'll see you next time.


P.S. The youtube video will be upload once I can get the video to be a high quality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment