Friday, May 17, 2019

PRODUCE X 101 Thoughts?

(Image by medium.com) 

So a long time ago when the very first season of PRODUCE 101 came out, I did a recap and review of each episodes along with listing my favorites trainees. I was going to continued that with the second season, but stop and when the third season came, I just didn't feel like it because I was already half way through the episodes when I remember about it, so now, that the newest and fourth season has started, I am going to do a recap of the episodes and list my favorite trainees along with my own personal thoughts and opinions. 
Produce X 101 is an 2019 Korean boy group survival reality show on MNET. This is the 4th season of the TV franchise where the public (called 'national producers) "produces" a boy band by choosing 11 members among the 101 trainees from different entertainment companies and independent trainees through online voting and live voting with multiple elimination rounds. The public will also choose the group's concept, debut song, and group name. 


MENTORS/TRAINERS

(Image by kprofiles.com)

Lee Dong Wook 
MC and Representative of the Viewers

(Image by koreaboo.com and whatsupkpop.com)

Shin Yu Mi and Lee Seok Hoon
Vocal Trainers

(Image by soompi.com)

Bae Yoon Jeong 
Dancer Trainer

(Image by mydramalist.com and produce-101.fandom.com)

Kwon Jae Seung and Choi Young Jun
Dance Trainers

(Image by aminoapps.com)

Cheetah
Rap Trainer

Thoughts?

I don't think I'm against any of these trainers at all, they all have been a part of the produce series before therefore they know what they are doing already. It's actually very nice to see that they keep coming back because it shows that they care for these trainees and what to help them grow but also just great to see that there is not going to be any changes in term of teaching the trainees. I also like the idea of changing representatives, in case you haven't notice the representatives, so far, keep changing through each season and I'm not disappointed. I understand it because of time and schedules but it great too see other celebrities wanting to be a part of the produce series. I do think that having someone who is in the same realm of music being a representative is better just because they would give more thoughts and care into teaching the trainees. For example, BoA was what I consider harsh on the boys from season two and not to be pointing her out but she is someone who been in the industry longer and is able to help the trainees become better. Not saying that I'm hating on Dong Wook, because I'm not, I really like him, I just think that someone who the trainees can talk to more about their career would be nice and also great too see the seniors of this trainees learn more skills and put more thoughts into their actions. Honestly, I can't wait for this season. There is going to be a lot of changes for sure. 

Let me know your thoughts down below in the comment. Thank you and I'll be back with a recap of episodes 1 and 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment