Friday, March 25, 2022

KPOP OT EP 42: Queendom 2

Welcome back to another episode of KPOP OT where we talk about everything and anything related to the Korean Hallyu Wave or KPOP in general. Hi, I'm Linda. Thank you for coming back and enjoying these long posts. 

If you have seen the last three episode, you know that I've been talking about Queendom and Kingdom and the reason for that is because the newest season of Queendom 2 is coming out at the end of March. So, I decide to go back to do a quick review and recap of the last three season. Check it out if you haven't seen it yet. 

In this episode I will be talking about I would love to see on Queendom 2. These are my predictions and my thoughts on the lineup. 

Please watch the show when it airs and support the artists. 

Thoughts:
I am very excited for this season because I was looking forward to the second season of Queendom since the first one ended. Mnet went and did Road to Kingdom and the sequel Kingdom: Legendary War first, but I seriously can not wait to see this season of Queendom2. The performances in  Kingdom: Legendary War set the bar really high in terms of performances and stage presences. I know that the girls might not be able to do all the flips but the stage quality for Kingdom: Legendary War compared to the first season of Queendom was a huge change and I want the same level of support for the girls this season. 

Host:

Taeyeon

YAS QUEEN! ALL HAIL THE QUEEN! If you can't tell already, I love this girl. She is my queen, my idol, my ultimate bias. She is such a talented vocalist and artist. Her voice hits my heart every time I hear her voice. Hands down one of the best vocalists in the K-pop scene. 

According to the article written on Soompi, the production share that "After making her successful debut in 2007 through the global girl group Girls' Generation, Taeyeon became a musician who has kept her position as a top solo artists for 16 years in the music industry while being known as a reliable vocal queen with her diverse and rich musical world. Taeyeon is a representative musician who leads global K-pop, and she has a wide range of music fans at home and abroad. Above all, as a role model that junior girl groups want to emulate, we anticipate that she will provide a diverse role beyond just that of the program's host."

Those are the production team words, not mine. She had such a great career both as a member of Girls' Generation and a solo artist. In case, you have not seen or heard her new song 'INVU' please go check it out because its so good. I think she would be a great host and role model to the contestants because of her successful career. 

Contestants:

Brave Girls

Brave Girls is a South Korean girl group formed by producer Brave Brothers in 2011 and managed by Brave Entertainment. They made their debut on April 7, 2011. Initially a five member group, Brave Girls has undergone multiple lineup changes and currently consists of Minyoung, Yujeong, Eunji and Yuna, with no originally members remaining. 

Thoughts: 

As the only second generation idol group, I think this was an obvious choice because of the success they recently gained in the last year. The show would really test to see how amazing and good the girls are and to see what they can do and bring to the competition. They were one of my picks before the official lineup was confirmed, so I was not disappointed or surprise at all. I personally wasn't a huge fan of them, I heard of them and heard their songs but I wasn't a constant listener or fan that check up on them. I am glad that they were able to gain success and popularity.

Hyolyn

Kim Hyo Jung (more known as her stage name Hyolyn) is a South Korean singer and songwriter, now under her own self-started production company Bridʒ. She is a former member of the South Korean girl group Sistar and their sub-unit Sister19. 

Thoughts:

She is part of the second generation idols group as a member of Sistar, which I love very much. I know Hyolyn is a great vocalist and artist. I just think she is at an disadvantage being a solo artist in this competition. Similar to Park Bom in the first season, I feel like Park Bom performances were good but not the best compare to the group performances because there so much one person can do therefore at some point her performance just look boring or not eye catching. I have no doubt that her performance for this season is going to be amazing because of her skills but I would of love to see another group instead of a solo artist. Question is why did Mnet choose to have solo artist in the girl version of the show, but only group in the male version of the show? Disappointed at Mnet for that. I think if they have done a solo artist in one of the Kingdom season, my opinions about a solo artist would change. 

VIVIZ

VIVIZ is a South Korean girl group formed by BPM Entertainment. The group consists of former GFRIEND members: Eunha, SinB and Umji. The group debuted on February 9, 2022. 

Thoughts:

This was a pick that I wasn't so sure about. I love them in GFRIEND and I know they were great, I sure I am going to love them as VIVIZ but are they right for this show? That is my question. I know they are re-debuting which I am glad but to re-debut and then join a survival show right after make it seem like they don't think they could do this without the name brand of GFRIEND. Unless they join the show for the advantage of doing a Comeback Single, which I don't think is a bad idea at all. I think having them on the show might help show their talent and skills instead of just using the name brand of GFRIEND. 

LOONA

LOONA is a South Korean girl group formed by Blockberry Creative. The group was introduced to the public through a pre-debut project that began in October 2016, where each of the 12 members were revealed in a periodic fashion by releasing a promotional single over the following 18 months. They debuted on August 20, 2018. 

Thoughts:

LOONA was one of my picks for the show before the official lineup was announce. I am glad that they join the show because they are all very talented and we are finally getting to see them perform on stage with new creative aspect. Since they have 12 members, this would be a great advantage to them because each member will bring a different set of skills to perform. 

WJSN

WJSN, also known as Cosmic Girls, is a South Korean-Chinese girl group formed by Starship Entertainment and Yuehua Entertainment. The group debuted on February 25, 2016 with twelve members: Seola, Xuanyi, Bona, Exy, Soobin, Luda, Dawon, Eunseo, Cheng Xiao, Meiqi, Yeoreum and Dayoung. In July 2016, the thirteenth member, Yeonjung, was added to the group. 

Thoughts:

Another group that I wanted to be on the show before the lineup was announce and I am glad they join the show. I really love this group since their debut and I think they are a very talented group too. Since their Chinese members are not active, the Korean members get a chance to show off their skills. Based on the picture, it looks like only 8 of the 10 Korean members are going to appear on the show. That is a disappointing situation just because I really do love the group and want to see them all perform. 

Kep1er

Kep1er is a South Korean girl group formed through the 2021 Mnet reality survival competition show Girls Planet 999. The group composed of nine members: Kim Chaehyun, Huening Bahiyyih, Choi Yujin, Kim Dayeon, Seo Youngeun, Kang Yeseo, Ezaki Hikaru, Sakamoto Mashiro and Shen Xiao Ting. The group is managed by Swing Entertainment and Wake One Entertainment. They made their official debut on January 3, 2022. 

Thoughts:

This was a group that surprise me at the end when the lineup was announce because they just debuted and they just got done with a survival show themselves. I think the would be at a disadvantage just because they just debuted but their advantage would be the amount of fans that they have supporting them. The show would really test to see their potential as members of a newly debuted group but final member of the group based on the survival show. I think people might not like the idea of them on the show because they came from a Mnet survival show and might see this as an advantage to them. 


I remember seeing a YouTube video about their picks for this lineup and who might be better for the show and so forth. Blah Blah Blah. There so much to this video and when I was watching this video I thought about it and I agree a lot on the things this creator was saying too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment