Saturday, January 1, 2022

KPOP OT PILOT EPISODE


KPOP OT Pilot Episode

Hey What Sup? Welcome to KPOP Overtime (OT). My name is Linda. Nice to meet you. This is KPOP OT pilot episode where I explain what this show is about. Years ago, in March of 2012, I started off with Let’s Talk About KPOP (LTA KPOP) where I talk about everything related to KPOP from my favorite idols, dancers, vocalist, visuals to actors and actresses, even dramas and variety shows. I even did some scenario questions and games like ‘What if?’ and  Marry, Kill and you know what. But it is much more of a biased ranking show that I sometimes created videos for but mainly wrote on my blog. I start off with hoping for subscribers and views but it never really took off. I decided to start the second season in February 2019, because I wanted to continue to show my love for KPOP even if no one was watching or reading. In 2020, I wanted to start something similar but new so instead of creating a third season for LTA KPOP. I created KPOP OT because I would have to explain why there is a third season. And finally in 2021, I am finally putting in some work for this to grow. I was going to jump into this in 2020 but instead I threw it aside because of my job and now at the end of 2021, I am decided to start this KPOP OT in 2022. KPOP OT! OT stands for overtime. It's the idea of working overtime where I just continue putting out contents nonstop more than what I probably can. It’s also the idea of talking about KPOP over the time. I started with KPOP in 2008 and has been a huge fan of KPOP since then. I’m always open for new artists and music, but over the last year, I haven’t been up to date with how many groups are debuting and all the new songs that are released like I used to be. KPOP OT is going to be very similar if not the same format with more, hopefully, finger cross, getting my friends involved and you guys, the subscribers. So go ahead and hit that subscribe button and comment down below what you would like to see in the future. 

In LTA KPOP episodes, I have many rankings, again, from favorite vocalist, dancers, rappers, maknae, leaders, visuals, actors and actresses. I also created lists of my must watch dramas from different idol groups or with different actors and actresses. All the LTA KPOP episodes are still up on my blog page, if you would like to read them, links would be down below. Some of my very first episodes for KPOP OT would be going back to these LTA KPOP episodes and redoing them. Hopefully it might have changed with a lot of new idols but it would be great to see how much has changed from the time they were written. There are rankings that I want to redo and there are some that I’m not going to redo. For example, my favorite songs of the year or my favorite rookies of that year. But there are a lot of rankings that I will do because they are due for an update. 

In this pilot episode, I thought it would be fun for you guys to get to know me a little more by answering questions that I’ve gathered online from different Q&A. 

1. How did I get into KPOP?

I was introduce to KPOP through a friend I met in middle school. I personally didn't enjoy it when she first show me Big Bang 'Lies'. I was like 'what is this? you like this?' but that was my very first KPOP song ever. After listening to that, I came upon it again a couple months later and I came upon Girls Generation 'Into The New World' and 'Kissing You' and fell in love with them. Since then, I have been a SONE!

2. What fan group(s) do I identify with?

I am a SONE! But I do love many other KPOP idol groups. If I was to name all of them it would take a long time, no it won't. I seriously do not know many of the newer groups therefore mainly groups from the second and third generation are my favorites. I am a Pink Panda, HOTTEST, Carat, Cherise, RedVeluv, iGOT7, EXO-L, Me&U, Blackjacks, Shawol, and so many more.

3. Have I gone to any KPOP concerts?

Yes, I have one or two. My first KPOP concert was at KCON 2018. I know, hate on me for being into KPOP for this long and have only gone to one. The reason is mainly because I have to pay for my own, my parents don’t have money laying around for me to spend and I’m not hating on everyone who goes to concerts and events all the time but it was mainly that and the distance of traveling. The second concert I went to was f(x)’s Amber’s X Tour. It was amazing.

4. Do I own any KPOP merch?

Yes. I have albums and light sticks. Some BT21 items.

5. How many KPOP albums do I own?

I have 43 albums as of right now, but I’m going to be adding more in the future.

6. My ultimate KPOP bias?

My ultimate KPOP bias is Girls Generation and specifically Kim Taeyeon.

7. Why do you like KPOP?

It was my own little world. It was my joy and happiness where I escaped from my real life. It was something that kept me smiling and happy. And on the plus sign, they are very good looking too.

8. How has KPOP changed?

The obvious is how much KPOP has grown since I started in KPOP. The amount of fame that KPOP has known is so different. Before, you wouldn’t know who was a KPOP fan unless you know them personally or meet them at an event or concert. Know you are able to spot KPOP fans with their merch and it is not a weird topic to talk about. I remember walking around in college and seeing people wear KPOP merch and people would think I’m weird for talking about with strangers but it was great too. There are also a lot of groups debuting left and right and if you don’t keep up, you wouldn’t know, unlike before, you know when a group is debuting because there were only a couple debuting in the same month or time period.

9. What are your hopes and dreams for KPOP?

I hope for KPOP to never stop growing and idols or artists to never stop chasing after their dreams. One thing I do wish is for neitznes or KPOP fans to support their artists with everything they do and not turn against them when they do something that some fans don't like for example dating or getting married. Another are those sanengs fans, they need to stop. At the end, I really wish for a great career and life for every idol, artists or celebrities because we don't want to lose another special soul.

10. Who am I?

I am Linda from California. I am Hmong, Asian American. I’m a huge Girls Generation fan. I want to travel the world. 

Hopefully that was a great start to a new beginning for me, you, and KPOP OT. I hope you subscribe and come back for more episodes. Let me know below if there is anything you would like to see. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment