Saturday, January 15, 2022

KPOP OT EP 7: Top 10 Girls Planet 999 Dancers

 

Welcome back to KPOP OT where we take every thing and anything KPOP related. In today episode continuing the Girls Planet 999 topic, we are talking about my favorite dancer. 

I love to dance but I may not have enough knowledge about dance like professional dancers. I can't tell dance apart. Some I can but everything look the same, honestly. I look for angles and lines when the dancers are dancing. I look for easy moves and how they make a dance move seem hard or easy. I look at their energy level. There are many things to look at for dancing and sometimes you just have to consider the best performances they do. 

There were many great dancers on the show and some of them shine as dancers but some do not and you have to look around for them. Each performances show a new skill about each of the dancer and here I am listing my top ten dancers from the trainees that participated in Girls Planet 999. 

Disclaimer! This ranking is based on my own opinion and thoughts. This ranking does not reflect any of the points or number the show had. 


10. Yamauchi Moana


Moana is a Japanese trainee. She is a very talented dancer and it's sad that Mnet didn't show her Planet Demo Stage where she perform 'Black' from BoA because I think she did very well. She did get a chance to show off her dancing skills in the Combination Mission where she dance to 'Fate' by Lee Sun Hee. In the Connect Mission, she perform 'Yes or Yes' by TWICE and you can catch her vocal skills there. Although she didn't make it to the finale, through these performances you can see her dancing skills. Her lines are beautiful. I love the fact that she knows when to be gentle and when to make her moves harder. I love her flow and expression. 

9. Cai Bing


Cai Bing is a Chinese trainee and we got a glimpse of her dancing skills through the Planet Demo Stage and the Connect Mission. In the Planet Demo Stage she perform 'Helicopter' by CLC and during the Connect Mission she perform 'How You Like That' by BLACKPINK. Those two performances didn't do any justice to her dancing skills at all, but we get to see her stage presence. From the Combination Mission where she perform 'Salute' from Little Mix that is were I seen her dancing skills. She does catch your attention on stage because of her fierce facial expression. She also got a chance to perform in the Creative Mission where she perform 'Snake.' 

8. Ezkai Hikaru


Hikaru caught everyone attention from the beginning for her rapping skills when she perform 'Boombayah' from BLACKPINK during her Planet Demo Stage. From that stage, you can see that her stage presence were amazing and she was an excellent dancer too. She got show more of her dancing skills through the Connect Mission when she performed 'The Eve' by EXO and during the Combination Mission where she performed 'No Excuses' by Meghan Trainor.  I think it's because of her stage presence that catches people attention. Her dancing skills did shine in the Creative Mission where she performed 'Snake.' 

7. May


May is a member of the girl group Cherry Bullet. I already knew she was an excellent dancer because the members of Cherry Bullet do covers on their Youtube channel. During the Planet Demo Stage she perform 'Boogie Up' by WJSN and during the Connect Mission she perform 'How You Like That' by BLACKPINK. I think during this two performances I started to notice the awkward dance positions and movements from her because of her height. She is a tall girl and tall people tend to and have to extend their movements a little more so that every dance moves matches with the others. Trust me I know. If everyone is doing the same exact hand movements in the air and you do not match the height level, it is noticeable. We did get see her beautifully dance to 'Fate' by Lee Sun Hee during the Combination Mission and during the Creative Mission, she perform 'U+ME=LOVE'. She's a beautiful dancer. 

6. Choi Yu Jin

 

Yu Jin was already known as a great dancer in CLC, not the number one dancer from the group but the number two dancer. I think a lot of people do not know that she is one of the dancer from CLC or that she dance very well because she of visual face. Yes, she is beautiful but she also a great dancer. During the Planet Demo Stage, she perform 'Bubble Pop' by Hyuna and she did well. She had stage presence, great dance skills and show her skills of being an experience artist. During the Connect Mission, she performed 'How You Like That' by BLACKPINK and during the Combination Mission she dance to 'Fate' by Lee Sun Hee, where she did beautifully and elegantly. During the Creative Mission, she performed 'Shoot' as their main vocalist. Not to brag, but this girl is my number one pick. I would put her up more but let's be fair. I think because of her height, I think the way she extend her arms and legs really help makes dance move look really pretty and beautiful. I sat down and watch Yu Jin's dance analysis before and she really does know how to move her body flow beautiful and powerful.

5. Su Rui Qi


Su Rui Qi is a Chinese trainee and from the beginning we can feel a little battle for the top two ranks from the C Group. I feel like she isn't someone who you forget in the dancing rank because her presence any all her dance performances is very noticeable and I think it has to do with her strong facial expression. She is a powerful dancer and you see that in all her performances on the show but I would really like to see her do more elegant, slow and cute songs too. During the Planet Demo Stage, she performed 'Snapping' by Chungha, a dancing queen I would say. During the Connect Mission, she performed 'The Eve' by EXO and during the Combination Mission, she performed 'Fate' by Lee Sun Hee. I would say that 'Fate' did have very great dancer performing. During the Creative Mission, we got to see her perform 'Snake.' 

4. Yoon Ji A

 

Jia is another strong powerful dancer and you can see that from the very first performance during the Planet Demo Stage 'Kick It' by NCT. I was glad she was able to participate in the Combination Mission where she perform 'Salute' by Little Mix. She is on the taller side and I think so far she has dance beautifully that I do not notice the awkward steps and bending of any movements. I do think her stage presence is very strong in all her performances. She did perform 'How You Like That' by BLACKPINK during the Connect Mission very well. 

3. Seo Young Eun


Did you see this one coming? Young Eun is a great dancer from the start. She perform 'Kick It' by NCT with Ji A in the Planet Demo Stage. That was off the roof. Although she didn't show much of her dancing skills in the other performances, you can still see her dancing skills. She perform 'How You Like That' by BLACPINK in the Connect Mission and 'U+ME=LOVE' in the Creative Mission. During the Combination Mission, she sang 2PM 'My House' and still rock it with a little hip movement. Her movements may not be strong but I think she makes dance moves look very easy to follow. 

2. Shen Xiao Ting


Shen Xiao Ting is a Chinese trainee and a well train ballroom dancer. You can not say that she is not a good dancer at all. This girl is tall yet she knows how to extend her arms and leg and make them look beautiful. She perform 'Rumor' during the Planet Demo Stage, 'How You Like That' by BLACKPINK during the Connect Mission and that doesn't even bring justice to her skills. During the Combination Mission she dance to 'Fate' by Lee Sun Hee and this is where you can see the flow and beautiful extension of her arms. During the Creative Mission she dance to 'Snake' and you can see her favorite part is the dance moves to tango, where she dance so beautifully. She may be tall but she doesn't give off any of the awkward moves at all. 

1. Kim Da Yeon


In first we should of seen this coming, this is Kim Da Yeon. In like all the Produce series, they all have a dancing queen or king and this girl is the dancing queen for Girls Planet 999. You can see she was a great dancer in Produce 48 and when she came on this show, you can see that she have grown to become a better dancer but a lot more strong and powerful. During the Planet Demo Stage she perform 'Pop/Stars' by K/DA. She did an excellent job but I didn't really notice her to stand out as as the dance queen of the show. During the Connect Mission, she perform 'How You Like That' by BLACKPINK and she did have a mistake during that performances which I will not go to talk about because I was very disappointed. During the Combination Mission where she dance to BLACKPINK and Selena Gomez 'Ice Cream' she shine and kept on shining because of her dance skills and leadership skills. I was not disappointed at all. During the last mission, Creative Mission, she perform 'Snake' and did it beautifully. I can say I am not disappointed about her being one of the main dancer in Kep1er. 

There you go, another episode where I talk about Girls Planet 999 and I promise this is not the end of it. There is more coming and I won't let you know at all but I want to finish talking about Girls Planet 999 first before we move on so I do not have to come back to this topic. But I am looking forward to Boys Planet, the sequel of Girls Planet 999. I'll see you in another episode of KPOP OT!

(Image Credit: Yamauchi Moana, Cai Bing, Ezaki Hikaru, May, Choi Yu Jin, Su Rui Qi, Yoon Ji A, Seo Young Eun, Shen Xiao Ting and Kim Da Yeon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment