Wednesday, January 5, 2022

KPOP OT EP 2: Top 10 Songs of 2021

 

Welcome back to another episode of KPOP OT. In today episode I will be talking about my favorite KPOP songs for the year of 2021.

Honestly, looking back at 2021, I wasn't really up to date with songs release last year at all but I compile a list of my favorite songs that I did listen to in the year of 2021 and looking at it, spoiler, there is no male artist at all. This list is going to be compile with all female artists and that is horrible for me just I was going to be more diverse and add in some male artists but I just didn't listen to them that much. 

Disclaimer! This list does not reflect the numbers and statistics. This list is my own preference and my own thoughts therefore please do not bash me for not including your favorite song or the most popular song. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I'm hoping you can keep any horrible comments to yourself. 

Let's get started. Similar to the previous episode, I will be starting at number ten and working my way up to number one. 

10. Girls Planet 999 - O.O.O (Over and Over and Over)

This song became one of my favorite in 2021 because of the show. I was excited for the show because of Yujin from CLC. I honestly didn't like this song at all at first but as I was watching the show and the many time they perform or put this song in the show just kept me thinking about this song. After listening to the song a couple of times all the way through, I found myself really liking this song and kept going back and repeating the song even after the show was over. 

9. Joy - Hello

The most catchy thing about this song for me is her vocals. The way she sang this song made me fell in love with this song without knowing the meaning behind the lyrics. It just scream JOY for me and whenever I hear this song it puts me in a happy mood. 

8. Kwon Eun Bi - Door

I personally really like this song especially the chorus part. I would listen to this song just for the chorus part only. The visual in the music video is so gorgeous and pretty but the dance really did catch a lot of people attention.

7. Wendy - Like Water

This song is always playing when I'm having a sad or horrible day because it just such a good background music for a sad scene. Let's appreciate her vocals in this song because it's so good and like a vocal queen I was not disappointed at all. AMAZING!

6. Cherry Bullet - Love So Sweet

I was singing this song for the first half of the year honestly and then I heard the members of Cherry Bullet were going to go on Girls Planet 999 and I was one excited for them and secondly kind of sad because I really like this group. Let me put it out there that I was a fan of this group before Girls Planet 999. The song is so cute and sweet. See what I did there? I really like this song and was not disappointed at all with Cherry Bullet. 

5. Lisa - Lalisa

I put Lisa in the best rookie of 2021 and this song does not disappoint at all because it was so popular and the dance challenges or covers were going off the roof. I catch myself singing this song that says a lot about this song being one of my favorites. 

4. IVE - Eleven

This song basically cover the last month of 2021 with covers, dance challenges and still in 2022 it's still a very good song. It was kind of crazy how much I play this song in one month and I'm trying to stop playing this song right now. 

3. Girls Planet 999 Medusa - Snake

As much as I hated the live performances and what the girls went through on the show, hands down this song was a very good song. Before all the performances were release, I honestly thought in my head that this song might even win just because, as we have seen in pervious Mnet's survival shows, cute concept usually doesn't win. The performances does no justice to the studio audio because the first live performance was not good at all. 

2. Aespa - Next Level

Let's be honest here. Did you at the very least sang these words or even do the dance because I caught myself singing and dancing to this song so many times. One time in public while I was eating, the song came on and I was dancing and singing to it. I really like this song and some people may not agree but I have seen this before in a Girls' Generation song so I was not shock at all about the whole entire song changing like crazy but I have to say I was surprise at first thinking wait what happen. 

1. Girls Planet 999 7 Love Minute - U+ME=LOVE

This is my favorite song hands down for the year of 2021. First it was my pick to win for the round of performances and they did. Second, the vocals was amazing. Who would of thought that these girls were able to win and pull this off after getting kick out of their originally song group. The performances were on point too and I am so happy for this song to be my favorite. I was playing this song repeatedly and sometimes I still catch myself singing and dancing to it without playing the song. 

There you guys go my top ten songs for the year of 2021. Don't be disappointed that it only contain girl artists only because I really try to see if I can fit in a boy artist but I couldn't. I'll see you in the next episode. 

No comments:

Post a Comment