Friday, January 7, 2022

KPOP OT EP 3: Top 20 Girls Planet 999 Trainees

 

Welcome back to another episode of KPOP OT. I'm excited because as you can see we are going to be talking about Girls Planet 999. Warning for the next couple of episodes I am going to be talking about Girls Planet 999 so this is not the end of it. 

In case you don't know what Girls Planet 999 is, I'm here to tell you. Girls Planet 999 is a Mnet's survival show where 99 girls from Korea, China, and Japan come together to compete to create a new temporary girl group. This is basically the new series for Mnet after the Produce series. 

I really love the Produce series and as much as I hate the whole entire voting manipulation, I still love to see talented trainees come together to create an amazing successful group.

The girls of Girls Planet 999 were amazing and very talented and I'm here to tell you about my favorite trainees from this show. I didn't pick a certain number of girls from each of the different countries. I went ahead and wrote down all my favorite trainees from all three countries, in this case they were in groups. After writing down the names, I went ahead and pick out my favorites starting at number one which was my number one pick. Trust me, it was hard. Super hard, because at the end of the show, I fell in love with so many trainees that it was just so sad. 

Let's get started. Like always, we are starting at the end of the list. In this case, number twenty. 
20. Ruan Ikema


Ruan Ikema is a trainee under J Group for Japanese trainees. I actually didn't notice her until the Connect Mission were she perform Seventeen 'Pretty U.' I think she is very cute and adorable. She also grown a lot during the show and I can't wait to see her future activities and finger crossing that she would debut in the KPOP industry. 

19. Kim Do Ah


Kim Do Ah is part of the K Group, Korean trainees and she is not a new face for me. I actually met her through Produce 48 and was excited to see her debut with Fanatics but through many difficult situation I understand why she came on this show. I am glad she did though because in her situation it was the best to help her one more time. I hope all goes well for her future activities because I really do love this girl. She is talented, saw it in Produce and on Girls Planet, she still is. 

18. Wen Zhe


Wen Zhe is part of the C Group, Chinese trainees. I think everyone who watch the show can agree that this girl is the most funny and hilarious girl on the show. From the first mission, the scene where the group were deciding which song to do, the words she said is so cute and funny. She such a QUEEN and she grown so much through the show. I'm excited to see her grow even more and hopefully she does debut in the KPOP industry. 
 
17. Choi Ye Young


Choi Ye Young is a K Group trainee. She didn't really catch my eyes until the Combination Mission where she sang Taeyeon 'All About You.' I have to agree with the vocal trainer that she is a very talented vocalist and I really can't wait to see her debut because she is so good. Her cover of 'All About You' hit really hard. Not that hard, but I can sit down and listen to her sing this song and cry. 

16. Hikaru Ezaki


Hikaru Ezaki is a J Group trainee and I think everyone can agree that through the teaser this girl already caught a lot of people attention. I personally didn't care for her that much at the beginning although I did enjoy her performances. Throughout the show I got to like her more because of her personality and I think the non performances help me to really like her more. 

15. Reina Kubo


Reina Kubo is a J Group trainee and she is a very strong vocalist. From the beginning she let people know that she is a strong vocalist and can hit those high notes. I am a sucker for great vocalist and I really like this girl a lot. 

14. Xu Zi Yin


Xu Zi Yin is a C Group trainee and I actually seen her performances on Youth With You Season 2, a Chinese survival show. She is a very great vocalist and I'm so sad that she left the show before it ended. I was really hoping that she would make it to the final stage. 

13. Shana Noaka


Shana Noaka is a J Group trainee and this girl caught my heart after her lines in the first mission where she sang EXO 'The Eve.' Her vocal isn't the strongest but she is a very talented and great vocalist and I'm super excited for her debut. 

12. Kim Hye Rim


Kim Hye Rim is a K Group trainee and from the moment the demo stage started, you can't help but fall in love with this girl vocal skills. I'm so disappointed she didn't make it very far but I'm hoping she would be successful soon. 

11. Huh Ji Won


Huh Ji Won is a K Group trainee and she is actually a member of Cherry Bullet. I really like her in Cherry Bullet and so when she came on the show, I was very surprise. She is a gorgeous visual but through the show I can see growth in her and I kind of glad she didn't make the group. I would say that for all of the Cherry Bullet's members because there is a reason and that reason I'll tell you later when the last Cherry Bullet's member appear on this list. 

10. Shen Xiao Ting


Shen Xiao Ting is a C Group trainee and from the beginning this girl visual is everything and everything we can talk about. Through the show, we see a lot of talent from her but her visual is the number one thing many people love about this girl. I can't wait to see how much she going to grow and I just hope that everything is fair and equal for her. 

9. Yurina Kawaguchi


Yurina Kawaguchi is a J Group trainee and another visual that we all love. Honestly, she didn't catch my eyes at first but I feel in love with the relationship she has with Shen Xiao Ting and I was disappointed that she didn't make the final group. Through the show, I was very surprise that she was a great vocalist something I didn't excepted at first. I'm hoping she would debut in the KPOP industry. 

8. Guinn Myah


Guinn Myah is a K Group trainee and the youngest Korean trainee too. She is so pretty and so talented. Yes, I'm disappointed that she didn't make the final group but I was okay with it because she is young and I think if her company knows well that they would debut this girl soon because she is very talent and have a lot of potential. 

7. An Jeong Min


An Jeong Min is a K Group trainee and I didn't really notice her until the Combination Mission where she sang BTOB 'Missing You.' Another great vocalist and sad that she didn't make it far enough to the end because she very pretty and have such a good voice. I'm hoping to see her debut soon. 

6. Manami Nagai


Manami Nagai is a J Group trainee and again, she didn't catch my eyes at the beginning. I started noticing her through the second performance where she rap Woo Won Jae 'We Are.' This girl is amazing. She can sing, dance and rap. Who would of thought that she could pull off rapping but through that performance, even the rap trainer said she should continue rapping. Love this girl. Sad she didn't make the final group but I'm hoping to see this girl debut. 

5. Kang Ye Seo


Kang Ye Seo is a K Group trainee and I'm so happy she made the final group. She caught my attention from the beginning of the show with her performance singing 4Minute 'Crazy.' I can see she grown a lot through the show and I can't wait to see how much she going to grow in the future.

4. Mashiro Sakamoto


Mashiro Sakamoto was a surprise to me when I saw her on the show because I notice her in Stray Kids and I know her as a JYP Entertainment trainee. Kind of sad to see her leave JYP but I'm so glad that she came onto the show and was able to make it to the final group and make her debut. She is a great vocalist and dancer. 
3. May



May is a J Group trainee and a member of Cherry Bullet. First thing, I love Cherry Bullet and so I was going to support this girl no matter what. Second, I'm so surprise that this girl is able to sing this well. I didn't know she was such a good vocalist because the other members could and can cover her up vocally. Again, I'm glad she made it far enough on the show but didn't make it into the final group. 

2. Kim Bo Ra


Kim Bo Ra is a K Group trainee and the last member of Cherry Bullet on this list. Actually all three members of Cherry Bullet that participated on the show is on this list. Again, I love Cherry Bullet. The biggest reason why I'm glad that none of the member made it into the final group is because Cherry Bullet is able to comeback and be successful because of these three girls. The popularity from the show can really boost Cherry Bullet and not making it into the final group is okay. I did really want her to make the final group because she would really complete the group as a vocalist. 

1. Choi Yu Jin



Choi Yu Jin is a K Group trainee and a member of CLC. If you didn't see this coming then I don't think you know that I really do like CLC and I just know a lot about idols that already debuted and goes on a survival show. She is my number one pick from the beginning.  She has grown a lot through the show. A lot of people may disagree that she doesn't deserve a spot in the final group but she has prove that she is the best for her spot. This girl is talented and I'm disappointed in CUBE for even doubting or not giving CLC a chance to do well. 

There you go. My favorite trainees from Girls Planet 999. I'll see you here again for the next episode.  

(Image Credit: Ruan Ikema 1/2, Kim Do Ah 1, Wen Zhe 1/2, Choi Ye Young 1, Hikaru Ezaki 1/2, Reina Kubo 1, Xu Zi Yin 1, Shana Noaka 1/2, Kim Hye Rim 1, Huh Ji Won 1, Shen Xiao Ting 1/2, Yurina Kawaguchi 1/2, Guinn Myah 1/2, An Jeong Min 1, Manami Nagai 1/2, Kang Ye Seo 1/2, Mashiro Sakamoto 1/2, May 1/2, Kim Bo Ra 1/2, and Choi Yu Jin 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment