Thursday, January 13, 2022

KPOP OT EP 6: Top 15 Girls Planet 999 Vocalists

 

Welcome to episode six of KPOP OT! In today episode, we are going to be talking about my favorite vocalists from Girls Planet 999. 

In case you didn't know, I'm trying to do all of the Girls Planet 999 stuff before moving onto a different topic so I wouldn't have to revisit it again. That is the reason why a lot of the Girls Planet 999 topics are going to be in the next couple of episodes. Secondly, if you know you know, but in case you didn't I have a huge heart and love for vocalist. A lot of my bias turns out to be a main or lead vocalist in their group so I have a soft heart for great talented vocalists. I just think if you can touch people hearts with your voice then you are amazing. 

But, that doesn't mean that I completely understand vocal skills. I didn't study music in school at all. I do not have the perfect pitch, which I am jealous of but I just love their voice and skills. I do understand and notice mistake when they sing because a lot of time, I'm more focus on vocals than the performances aspect. Don't worried, I still care for the performances just second to their vocal skills. 

Disclaimer! These are just my opinions and does not reflect anyone else. The voting system for me is based on my liking and how much I love based on the skills I have seen from them. Let's get started!

15.  Lee Ra Yeon

 

Ra Yeon is the main vocalist of the girl group Fanatics. I personally didn't know about this girl until the show and I really like her voice. On the show, during the Planet Demo Stage she made a mistake but her performance was not shown fully in the first two episodes until the Connect Mission where she lose confidence in her skill to be the main vocalist in the group. I was heartbroken when she said that because I didn't know until I went back to watch all the Planet Demo Stage. During the Planet Demo Stage, she sang 'Whatta Man' by I.O.I.  She still did amazing covering 'The Fifth Season' by Oh My Girl. She was one of the vocalist that left the show to early and I wish I was able to see more of her vocally because I know that she is a great vocalist. I can't wait to see her future activities and I hope she find confidence in herself. 

14. Huang Xiao Qing

 

Xiao Qing is a Chinese trainee that have made her debuted before coming onto the show. Something I didn't know when I first saw her on the show. I only found out after her Combination Mission, where she catch my attention when she sang 'All About You' by Kim Tae Yeon. I am a huge Kim Tae Yeon's fan, so when this song was a choice I was super excited. The performance was very good and I really like it. She did made a mistake during this performance but looking back and reading some comments, I do understand that Korean songs are higher than Chinese songs in notes. Her Planet Demo Stage was horrible, honestly, just because her notes were completely off and I sense a struggle to hit the higher notes. She was part of the Chinese group that sang 'Rumor' by Produce 48 trainees. She did had a chance to make it to the finale stage where she sang 'Utopia' during the Creative Mission and participated in 'Shine' and 'Another Dream' for the finale stage. 

13. Nagai Manami


Manami is a Japanese trainee and she didn't catch my eyes at all throughout the show vocally, but I did notice that she is a very solid vocalist as I started to go back and rewatch and listen to her performances. She didn't have any struggle at all vocally and was able to do well which I was very proud of her. She did challenge rapping and I'm in love with her because of that. Vocally, she has a very softer voice that I really like. She is young therefore she can grow to be a great vocalist. I know she can grow and become a great vocalist. On the show she sang 'Hug U' by DIA during the Planet Demo Stage. During the Connect Mission, she sang 'The Fifth Season' by Oh My Girl. In the Creative Mission, she sang 'Shoot' and made it to the finale stage where she participated in the song 'Shine' and 'Another Dream.' 

12. Li Yi Man


Yi Man is a Chinese trainee that caught my eyes at the beginning with her Planet Demo Stage where she sang 'Wannabe' by ITZY. She should out to me because the other trainees were not as stable as she during that stage. She prove that she was a stable and great vocalist after 'Yes or Yes' by TWICE performance during the Connect Mission. Each of her performances I just keep seeing her do well and I feel in love with her voice during her performance 'My Sea' by IU. She may have not stand out during the Combination Mission, but her voice and part during the performance didn't go unnoticed by me. Nothing to complain about except she didn't make it far and I was sad because I would to see how much she can show as a vocalist. 

11. Jeong Ji Yoon


Ji Yoon is a Korean trainee and was one of the vocalist to look out for at the beginning of the show. I honestly think she was not able to show all the great vocal skills she had because she didn't make it far. I think her biggest downside is her mistake during the Combination Mission 'My Sea' performances. Which I was very sad to see and hear it and I know that it hurt her very much. She was very disappointed but again we all can learn from one mistake. I hope she continues to grow vocally and can't wait to see her in the future. One mistake doesn't determine the result of not begin a good vocalist. During her Planet Demo Stage, she sang 'Bounce Back' by Little Mix. During the Connect Mission, she was the main vocalist for the performance 'The Eve' by EXO. She still did an amazing job as a vocalist on the show. 

10. Kawaguchi Yurina


Yurina is a Japanese trainee and was one of the vocalist that I didn't care to look after at first. I know her Planet Demo Stage where she sang 'Fancy' by TWICE went viral. I started to notice that she was a stable vocalist when I started to rewatching all her performances. She has grown to be one of my favorite and I was very sad that she didn't make it into the final group but I hope her future activities will do her justice. During the Connect Mission, she sang BLACKPINK 'How You Like That' but didn't have many vocal lines. During the Combination Mission, she sang 'Missing You' by BTOB. Although we don't get to hear her voice without the high notes, she still did a great job. During the Creative Mission, she sang 'Utopia' and hear is where we get to hear her stable vocals. She did made it to the finale stage where she participated in 'Shine' and 'Another Dream.' 

9. Kim Chae Hyun


Kim Chae Hyun is a Korean trainee and one of the top nine trainees to make the final group, KEP1ER. The official position for the group has not been release but I say she is going to be the main vocalist and visual center of the group. She rank first on the show landing her the center position. One the show she made two mistake, Planet Demo Stage and Creative Mission. During the Planet Demo Stage, she sang 'Black Mamba' by Aespa and during the Creative Mission, she sang 'Utopia.' As much as that is, she still a great vocalist and her performance during 'My Sea' stage says a lot about her. She did made it to the finale where she sang 'Shine' and 'Another Dream' with the other trainee. Not surprise she is a great vocalist because she is former SM Entertainment trainee. I hope she becomes a stronger vocalist during her activities as KEP1ER. 

8. Seo Young Eun


Seo Young Eun is a Korean trainee and one of the top nine trainees to make the final group, KEP1ER. This girl caught my attention from the beginning of her Planet Demo Stage, not for her vocals though. During the Planet Damo Stage she dance and rap to NCT 'Kick It.' Surprisingly, we only got to know her vocal skills through the Connect Mission where she sang 'How You Like That' from BLACKPINK. Since then she has been the main vocalist for each of the performances until the final stage, but she is amazing. During the Combination Mission, she sang 2PM's 'My House' and during the Creative Mission she sang 'U+ME=LOVE.' She is the jack of all trade, the triple threat. I can say she is going to be one of the main vocalist for KEP1ER too. 


7. Xu Zi Yin


Zi Yin is a Chinese trainee and I fell in love before the show. She was on Youth With You Season 2 and that is where I fell in love with her and her voice. She is such a great vocalist. I'm sad she left the show due to health situation but I think she did very well on the show. Her vocal skills on Girls Planet 999 didn't shine that much but if you go watch Youth With You, you can see how good she is as a vocalist. During the Planet Demo Stage, she sang Sunmi's 'Siren.' During the Connect Mission, she sang 'Yes or Yes' by TWICE and during the Combination Mission, she sang 'My Sea' by IU. I was hoping that she would sang 'Utopia' during the Creative Mission but she left the show right after the second elimination before they perform that stage. 


6. An Jeong Min


Jeong Min is a Korean trainee. She caught my attention during her Planet Demo Stage where she sang 'Black Mamba' by Aespa and during her Connect Mission 'Mic Drop' performance she secure a place in my heart. She has a very sweet and lovely voice and any time she sang my heart flutter a little. I would love to listen to a whole entire song sang by just her only. Her performance of 'Missing You' by BTOB was so good, I replay her part again and again because her was that good. Sad that she didn't go for the main vocalist position but she still a favorite. She didn't make it to the finale but I really would of love to see her sing some of the Creative Mission songs because I think she would of done really well with some of those songs.


5. Nonaka Shana


Shana is a Japanese trainee and currently waiting for her debut soon. From her Planet Demo Stage, 'Boombayah' by BLACKPINK, I was surprise she was Japanese because her Korean was on point. I thought is was actually Korean. She has a nasal sound to her voice but her voice is still very different compare to other artists. Through each mission and performances, she grown a lot and I'm very proud of her. Her voice is my favorite part about her vocal. In the Connect Mission, she sang 'The Eve' by EXO and during the Combination Mission, she sang 'My Sea' by IU. In the Creative Mission, she sang 'U+ME=LOVE' and she made it to the finale where she also participated in 'Shine' and 'Another Dream.' She may have not made it to the top nine but with her future debut, she is going to do fine and well as their vocalist. 

4. Kubo Reina


Reina is a Japanese trainee and was already known from the first episode that she is a talented vocalist by the Japanese trainee. When she hit those high notes, we all fall down because those high notes are amazing. No one complain that this girl is not a good vocalist at all. Her performance during the Planet Demo Stage is 'gogobebe' from Mamamoo, the vocal queens, was amazing already. The stage was lit with vocal skills. In the Connect Mission, she sang 'Fiesta' by IZ*ONE. In the Combination Mission, she sang as the main vocalist for 'Missing You' by BTOB. Her vocals in 'Missing You' is heavenly sent because as she hit the high notes her voice because so beautiful. She didn't make it to the Creative Mission round but if she did, the main vocalist position would of been a battle because all of the great vocalist was put into one group and that would of been amazing. 

3. Choi Ye Young


Ye Young is a Korean trainee and I actually didn't notice this girl until it was too late. Her Planet Demo Stage is 'Pop/Stars' by K/DA. During this performance I didn't notice her at all but I did notice the good vocals for the performance. I just didn't match them together. During the Connection Mission, she sang 'Fiesta' by IZ*ONE and during the Combination Mission, she sang 'All About You' by Kim Tae Yeon. It was during the Combination Mission when I started to notice this girl was a talented vocalist. Honestly, if she was the main vocalist during the Connect Mission, I feel like she would of made it farther in show. She didn't catch my attention at all during the Connect Mission at all. 


2. Kim Bo Ra


Bo Ra is the main vocalist of the girl group Cherry Bullet from FNC Entertainment. I knew her already before the show and was excited for her to show off her vocal skills because she is that good. Like what Ye Young said on the show, that Bo Ra 'has four lungs.' I love her voice and I keep falling in love with her every time she sings anything. I was disappointed that she didn't get to show her talent during the Combination Mission but she did show us another skill and that just made her a better artist. During the Planet Demo Stage, she sang 'Bounce Back' by Little Mix. She sang 'The Fifth Season' by Oh My Girl during the Connect Mission and during the Creative Mission, she sang 'Utopia.' She did made it to the finale stage where she participated in 'Shine' and 'Another Dream.' I was disappointed that she didn't make it to the top nine but I would be more happy if she was Cherry Bullet's main vocalist again so that they would do a comeback soon.

1. Kim Hye Rim


Hye Rim is a Korean trainee and participated in KPOP STAR. I didn't know she did until I started to look up some of the Korean trainees. From her first stage, the Planet Demo Stage, where she sang 'Wow Thing' by Seulgi, Soyeon, Chungha and SinB I know that she was going to be a great vocalist. She even became the main vocalist during the Connect Mission where she sang 'Yes or Yes' by TWICE and won that round. Unfortunately, she didn't make it far into the show and didn't get to show off her vocal skills during the Combination Mission. She does have a YouTube channel where she uploads covers. 



There you have my favorite vocalists from Girls Planet 999. Do we share the same favorite vocalists? If not, let me know who else should of been on this list too. Remember this is mine list and only fifteen trainees were included on this list only. Let me know in the comment below. I'll see you in the next episode for another Girls Planet 999 list. 

(Image Credit: Lee Ra Yeon, Huang Xing Qiao, Nagai Manmai, Li Yi Man, Jeong Ji Yoon, Kawaguchi Yurina, Kim Chae Hyun, Seo Young Eun, Xu Zi Yin, An Jeong Min, Nonaka Shana, Kubo Reina, Choi Ye Young, Kim Bo Ra, and Kim Hye Rim.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment